The Atreyo Smart Street Light System "a-Light" is an IoT technology system that with supporting hardware is dedicated to complete manage, street lighting. The system make possible control of each individual luminaire from the level of the application on the server. The main benefits of using "a-Light" are:
- Reduction of electricity consumption
- Adjusting the brightness of the lighting depending on the current needs
- By dimming the luminaire "light pollution" is limited
- More economical management of the troubleshooting of lighting system
The system has many functionalities, and the most important are:
- Control of each single luminaire
- Control of predefined groups of luminaire
- Brightness control of each luminaire and groups of luminaire
- Analysing data on energy consumption
- Analysing savings in energy consumption on basis of area and zone
- Diagnosing faults in the operation of the luminaire
In addition to the above-mentioned functionalities, the system has special protection against emergency situations, such as lack of network connection to the server, too high/low power supply voltage, and other abnormal situations. Each controller has its own built-in real-time clock with battery backup and is able to work autonomously in the case of a complete lack of communication.
The system consists of the following components:
- Light controller
- RF gateway with GSM and GPS modem
- Server with a-Light web application
The light controller is a device mounted on the street light pole. Currently Atreyo offers 4 models of controllers.
SnModel NumberDetails Description
1ALC-N1On a standard NEMA connector
2ALC-P1Mounted on top of the street light pole
3ALC-P2Mounted on top of the street light pole with dual luminaire controller
4ALC-S1Mounted on the side of the street light pole with a clamp
The controllers have a built-in switching and brightness control in the 0-10V system. The controller is responsible for controlling the lamp on/off, dimming, power measurement and communicating with sewer through gateway. Hermetic casing ensures many years of operation even in the most difficult conditions.
The gateway's purpose is to communicate the controller with the server. The current model provides communication via GSM or via a LAN cable connection. With the use of an external converter, it is also possible to connect to an optical fibre network. The gateway communicates with the controller via license-free band radio waves, so there is no need to pull any additional cables between the lights. The RF communication between gateway and light controller is encrypted. The gateway has a power backup system in it to communicate with server in the situation of a power failure. A special energy-saving mode ensures long-term operation on the battery. The charging managment system of batteries ensures that the gateway is always ready for operation. The gateway has in-built website for its configuration. The gateway is equipped with following interfaces:
- GSM for communication with the server
- GPS to retrieve the current time and location
- RF for communication with controllers
- Ethernet with PoE function
The a-Light system is an advanced web application specially adapted for comprehensive lighting management. This system allows to control hundreds of thousands of lamps and provides many functions that improve convenience and increase safety. The system includes functionalities such as:
- Showing all lights on the map with current status of the light
- Switching and brightness control scheduling
- Energy consumption statistics
- Light grouping
- Remote configuration of controllers and gateways
A very important and convenient function is to make groups of the lights. This makes it easier to control and make the system more functional. For example, it is possible to create groups 'left side of road', 'right side of road', 'junction', 'sidewalk', 'every second light' etc. Each controller can belong to more than one group. Each group can be controlled manually or by scheduling.
a-Light enables autonomous control of the entire system based on predefined time settings. It provides possibilities of switching on and controlling the brightness of lamps.
Energy usage & Savings
Energy saving module of a-Light inform about electricity usage and savings of selected period of time for selected area.